Friday, December 19, 2003

Last night I cooked up a batch of OMJs Spanish Rice. And managed to eat a bowl and a half! AND kept it down. Woo HOO! Some pals came by the house and helped us polish off the pot. MMMMM. Rice and Pals. MMMM.

I also sent an email to Joe in Austin, and it has been rattling around my head so much, I thought I'd post most of it here:

So I am supposed to get my test results from the Oncologist on December 23. Hopefully he will tell me the chemo got all the cancer, and I just need to come back for regular monitoring.

But December 23. WHY is this date rattling around in my head? I mean, CT scan Dec 17, Dec 17, I remember, Orville & Wilbur, Kitty Hawk, etc. etc. But What The Heck is December 23?

and it just hit me like a ton of bricks.

The Pole, Airing of Grievances, Feats of Strength...

FESTIVUS! Every December 23 is FESTIVUS! The Holiday for the Rest of Us! From the Seinfeld Show.


Frank: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had -- but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.

Kramer: What happened to the doll?

Frank: It was destroyed. But out of that, a new holiday was born -- a Festivus for the rest of us!



So I'm bouncing around the house, full of dee-light at remembering this, and Sara is just looking at me like I am a total freak.

Anyhow, Dec 23! Festivus! And Cancer Test Results.

woo hoo!

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?