Monday, April 03, 2006

What a weekend. It rained, it stopped, the sun came out, then it rained again.

Saturday morning I scratched up all the dirt in our backyard. The PLAN(tm) was to sod it with Bolero Plus drought resistant grass.

So I went to buy some grass on Saturday. I thought I'd spend about $350, but I needed a BUNCH of grass for that. 475 sq feet. Not just a baggie! Sidenote: I don't smoke grass. it makes me sickly. When I got the cancer, the doctor said he could perscribe pot for me, it helps build appetite and take the edge off the chemo. I declined, because, well, it makes me barf and stuff. One of my freinds got a little upset, and said "damnit Charles, you get cancer and you never think about your FRIENDS!" heeee heee

Anyhow, the grass will be delivered on a pallet, hopefully this afternoon. I will plant tonight if I have to.

Saturday night Dale & Joan came over. their house is being reworked a bit, and he wanted to cook. Yay! we had the most delicious sea bass ever. And some baked brie in light pastry puffs with carmelized onions? mmmm. Dale!

We had some wine. Well, not Sara & Tarzan, but the rest of us. And got to talking about the NOT-Wedding thing on Saturday. I was thinking write one check to one person, have them bring tables, chairs, wine, beer, food, etc.

Dale & Joan told me what a silly idea that is, so we are considering figuring out how to D-I-Y and have stuff prepped beforehand, etc, and ARGH! I know it is financially more prudent, I am just not sure how we are gonna feed and place 85 people in the backyard.

Well, all things will resolve themselves.

And in the AMAZING news category! Sara can feel Tarzan thrashing about. YAY Tarzan.


Sunday morning I went to Hollister to ride with Phil & Antonio. I managed to smash my left hand into a dirt wall, and bruised my pinky. Other than that, however, the KTM is a totally wonderful bike. I can do brill things on it.

Came home by 1, took nap with Sara, ate pizza jacks, watched "good night & good luck" then went to bed and snored. More than a little.






Inspirational Phrases You Will Never Hear At Work...

1. There is no "I" in "teamwork." But there is in "management kiss-up."

2. If you do a good job and work hard, you may get a job with a better company someday.

3. The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.

4. Doing a job RIGHT the first time gets the job done. Doing the job WRONG 14 times gives you job security.

5. If you think we're a bad company, you should see the competition.

6. Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings, they did it by killing all those who oppose them.

7. 2 days without a human rights violation.

8. Your job is STILL better than asking, "You want fries with that?"

9. If at first you don't succeed, try management.

10. Teamwork means never having to take all the blame yourself.

11. The beatings will continue until morale improves.

12. Pride, Commitment, Teamwork. Words we use to get you to work for free.

13. If at first you don't succeed, delegate it.

14. Plagiarism saves time.

15. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?