Sunday, March 23, 2003

I had so much fun..

.



Thanks go out to tons, most of whom I will forget.

.



Greg & Cindy for dinner at the arty Mexican joint in Sonoma & shower.


Richard for catching my wheelie on tape, Kathy for keeping Richard.


Denise for inspiration.


Jerri for more inspiration.


Gwyn and Robert/Borris for tolerating me.


Mr. Prelock for making me think till it hurts.


Steve Chan OH MY GOSH how fast for showing rider, not bike!.


Phil for the suspension.


Paul Sommerville for inspiration.


Joe and Saskia and Moto Java (www.motojava.com) for help with bits.


Tom Hicks for helping push me to the limits..


Chuck B for helping any and everyone who needed mechanical work.


Bruce Gutman for the Cow Spotted Smoking Jacket.


Sue & Kelly for being such a damn cute couple.

.



Sara my lovely girlfriend for tolerating me, and even liking me sometimes..


Rebecca for being my only fan.

.



Jack for being such a damn wonderul freind.

.



And everyone else I forgot who laughs with, not at me..

.




The start was fun, it wheelied hard, but got her back down, going into one, I was NOT about to take out Mr. Hicks, so I rolled off a little, and darn it, 5 bikes got by, okay, hard on the throttle, caught Tom. Then passed some FZR 400s. .

.



Special note #1: Blue FZR 400 with "Misfits" sticker. You suck! Learn to be smooth, or get out of the way. Radical braking and extreme lines are not defensive racing..

.



Special note #2: Leopard Spot Blue FZR 400 New riders School boy. Do NOT look behind you. pay attention to in front of you..

.



I came in 13th, after a brief off track excursion. .


I was nose to Tail with Jer, singing in my helmet .


"I see london, I see france, I see Barbie's...OH MY GOD!!! SHE IS NOT GONNA MAKE TURN 4, I CANNOT BRAKE HARD ENOUGH! DO NOT TAKE HER OUT! I AM IN THE DIRT, OH GREAT GOOGELEY MOOGELY!.... ".

.



then "Be calm, do not front brake, do not turn, light rear brake".

.



then "I hope Hicks takes this moment to pass us both".

.



then "You can do it, look, LOOK, no, clear track, you can come back on, be careful".

.



then "back on the track, they are gone. Whup that bike, WHUP IT".

.



I spent the next lap and a half fighting to get back to them. And did not. Covered ground, but not enough..

.



But did not crash..

.



At the last lap, turn 7 some vintage boy on a honda got in front of me, and I was not about to wax trying to stuff him. .

.



Turn 11, I see Matt Buck ornerworking and mooning me! tee hee, then, WHAM! there is a flash of black and yellow. JACK late braked me, but is outside the vintage honda. Head down, concentrate, inside line, gas hard. The Vintage Honda will go wide and run Jack off the line..

.



I passed Jack. Wow. Barely. But fun..

.



Now, hot lap, I can catch Jer and tell her she ows me a new pair of shorts? Cause I have apparently recto-intrgested mine on that turn 4 number..

.



And she did not even know I was there! She is so cool! YAY Jer! I hope she gets that thing painted proper pink soon, and rides hard and fast. She's da bomb!.

.

.




The weekend was fun, I saw old pals, made new ones, roadraced a dual sport single, and got pretty ill. I am even staying home from work tomorrow, fever, chills, BLECH! Sleeping in the rain blows. I hoped the weekend away would blow this wierd sick funk out of me. Instead, it has knocked me to my knees, I am certain I need bedrest, and will take it. So that is good..

.




Racin is fun. Yep, I like this..

.



I need sleep, I am feverish and rambling..


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?