Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Cancer Interlude, Quick Math Lesson, & Iraq

On my way in to work this morning, I was listening to National Public Radio. There was an interview with Paul Bremer, the chief U.S. civilian administrator in Iraq. He claims it will take billions of dollars for post war reconstruction. And this set me to thinking.

How many people are in Iraq? About 22 million.

How much is a million? It looks like this.

So we do a little Math. Mrs. Ray, my third grade math teacher, who could not explain fractions to me, might approve of this.

1 billion dollars=$1,000,000,000
divided by
22 million people = 22,000,000

EQUALS? A plethora of happy Iraqis.



So, we cannot afford to send our kids to school, the east coast blacks out every so often, a huge gas pipeline to NM is broke, the State of California is broke, we have homeless in the streets, medical costs are soaring, no one is getting raises (but happy to have jobs) and we are sending BILLIONS of dollars to Iraq.

Why?

can't we just send $25,000 that's a shitload of dollars to each Iraqi, then spend the rest on Americans, at home?

Just my 2 cents.

Till someone can explain this to me, I am still against the war.

(thanks Dale for correcting my math! )

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?