Thursday, August 28, 2003

Yesterday we went to dinner with my pal Ravi, who is visiting from Chennai. And Alberto's Restaurant was CLOSED! for electrical problems. But should re-open. We went to Pizza Jacks instead, it was yummi, I had a small clam & garlic pizza. mmmm. small pizza, not small clam.

Home, sat on the porch, chatted, had peppermint ice cream, (on sale at safeway right now! yummi yummi) and generally had an enjoyable evening. Realized I have an appointment with the Chemo Dr. on Monday. Monday is Labor Day. I need to call and confirm.

Then got sad email from my pal Rebecca, who had some personal stuff that I will not discuss here, but we can say I care for her, so I called and tried to be a good friend. Wanted to take her ice cream, but could not take the drive to SF.

Came in to work today and got good news from Stacy, that I also cannot discuss here.


Okay, so I will talk about MY poops, and sperm banks, and troubles. BUt really I try not to bring my friends personal junk in here too. And it is even harder with Sara, cause her life is so much a part of mine. BUt I really do not want ya'll to think I will just blabber any old thing.


uhh, sidetracked. back.

work is good today, got some stuff done, but forgot the Chemo Dr.s phone number, will call tonight or tomorrow.

and got this WONDERFUL joke from Sara's folks.

>>>>
Texans

Gabriel came to the Lord and said, "I have to talk to you, I have some Texans up here in Heaven who are causing some problems.

They are swinging on the Pearly Gates; my horn is missing; barbecue sauce is all over their robes; chicken, sparerib, and ham bones are all over the streets of Gold.

Some folks are walking around with one wing. They have been late taking their turn in keeping the stairway to heaven clean. There are watermelon seeds all over the clouds. Some of them aren't even wearing their halos. They say they prefer their 10 gallon Stetsons.

The Lord said, "I made them special, as I did you, my angel. Heaven is home to all my children. If you really want to know about problems, let's call the Devil.

The Devil answered the phone, "Hello? Hold on. Wait one minute," and puts the Lord on hold.

After 5 minutes he returned to the phone, and said "Okay, I'm back. What was the question?" The Lord said, "What kind of problems are you having down there?" The Devil said, "Man, I don't believe this..... hold on, Lord".

This time the Devil was gone for 15 minutes.

The Devil returned and said, "I'm sorry Lord, I can't talk right now. These Texans have put the fire out, and are trying to install air conditioning!"

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?