Monday, October 27, 2003

Day 1 Round 3 is in the history books. I did not get too sick, and am TRYING leaving the needle port in my arm overnight, It will make it easier on the nurses tomorrow morning, but making me VERY icky sick tonight.

I feel okay, they hydrated me and did the chemo, but I am afraid when the anti nausea wears out, it may be a barf-o-riffic night.

Kevin picked me up, brought Sophia and Fiona, I hope they were not permanently scarred seeing gross needle icky stuff and me laying in a chair all zonkered out.

Got home, had a little strength, Sara took me to Office Mac, I bought a cheap computer desk to replace my printer stand.l It should allow me to better organize my room, BUT, I can only use one arm, and we were not strong enough to lift the crate out of the back of my truck. ha!

I will leave it out there till I have enough strength to get it in the house, and slowly assmeble it. No rush.

Have needle in arm, tryping is difficult at best.

ate soup for dinner, drank fluid, sleepy.

BUT< OMJ approved the rice publishin recipe;



this is the Spanish rice I find so comforting. My order is in to RM Quigg for the rice packets.

OMJ's Famous Spanish Rice:

Ingredients
1 10-oz package RM Quigg's yellow rice mix
1 medium onion coarsely chopped
1 medium bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 pound ground round
1 10 oz. can RoTel original chunky tomatoes and green chilis
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
salt and pepper

In large pammed pot with good heat transfer (8-qt or 6-st) sear meat until gray (break up chunks). Salt and pepper to taste (I like lots of pepper).

Drain juice from 2 tomato cans into measuring cup and add water to achieve amount of liquid on rice package (4 cups for 10 ounce package).

Add liquid, RoTel tomatoes, onion, green pepper, and 1 tsp salt to meat in pot, bring to boil and simmer about 30 minutes.

Add diced tomatoes, bring to boil and stir in rice mix, bring back to boil for 1 minute, reduce to very low heat, cover, and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes, stirring once.

Serve.


Remember, tomorrow morning special thoughts go out to:

Kate - Job Interview
Sherry - Job Interview
Joyce - Cataract Surgery


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?