Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Woke up in a great mood. I am still alive. Got directions, and went to do my civil duty and vote in the California Recall Election. I have no idea how it will end up, but I am positive my old consulting firm of Emory & Young could have run and predicted this election like nobody's business. Too bad they were not hired by any of the candidates.

Then we started with the chemo again. Dr. Steve needs a little more information. There neds to be some more research. apparently my kidneys got kinda sick from the last round, but improved. We think it was because of the dehydration. blah blah, will not bore you with the details, enough of the train, bring on the caboose!

NO chemo today. Tomorrow I will go in earlier than usual, and we will continue the same routine of CisPlatin and Etrophocide, but will add MUCH more fluid. And will monitor my kidney and blood counts during it all.

But Charles? You are now 2 days behind? Wel, yes and no. Will resume tomorrow, pause for Sat & Sun, and do more Monday & Tuesday of next week. The third cycle we will get back on a Mon-Fri schedule.

What if I dehydrate on saturday? We can monitor Friday, and determine if we need a home nurse to come administer hydration on Saturday. COOL! I can use my favorite line for nurses.... ":I feel dirty, really filthy, you know, down there. Can I have a sponge bath?"

On the way home I grab sara, haul her acrost the street and MADE her get food for lunch, from Butt-Whole Foods. Close by her office.

Home, mail call. Someone sent me LoungePants with bears on them, but no tag or note. And Louis, the Evil Bat Boy sent me a HUGE box of Max Leight Disposable Earplugs. Packed in pairs. I can put them in every jacket pocket and bag. I can have hearing grace damn near anywhere now. I am actuallly wearing a set as I type.


Before I go nap, cause I am shagged tired, I would like to send out best wishes to my Uncle Irving who is having some cataract surgery today. I hope he feels better soon, and I hope he remembers my all important line to the nurses.... ":I feel dirty, really filthy, you know, down there. Can I have a sponge bath?"


And in Closing, Mad Phat props to my boss/manager/mentor Keith, who has supported me through this like a champion. I will never be able to thank him enough.






Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?