Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Just got off the phone with the clinic, and I now have most of the details. Much like a domino drop, every event in the chain is dependant on the previous event.

next Monday, November 24, I go into the Clinic for blood tests. If my white count is high enough, we start chemo round 4.

Since Thursday is Thanksgiving, the clinic will be closed, but we cannot just STOP chemo. So they will check me into O'Conner Hospital Thursday morning. I will take chemo and hydration Thursday and Friday. Chances are extremely high that they will keep me overnight. Since my chemo is considered extremely aggressive, most hospitals want to monitor. Poop. Worst case, I stay over Friday night as well, and hydrate more saturday. UGH.

The week of December 1st, I will take hydration at the clinic at least till Wednesday

Assuming all these dominoes fall, I have an appointment for a CAT scan on December 17th, when they will look at the tumors, hopefully lack thereof.

December 23rd, I have an appointment scheduled with Dr. Scates, to go over the results of the CAT, and determine if I am good, or if I need radiation.

If I am good, we will set a schedule to come back and recheck to make sure the cancer is in remission (dead) and I am healthy.

On the 23rd, we will also set up a program to determine nutrition, health, rebuilding after chemo, etc.


SO, this pretty much blows my plans to travel to Texas for the holidays. With so many dependancies, I am not comfortable buying plane tickets.


Okay, that's the news. Now, how do I feel?

I want to put my head in my hands and cry. Flash stated it best. "kinda like an prisoner, on the day of his release, being told 'oops, our bad, one more week!'" Tis is very difficult to deal with. I did not plan on having a week to sit around and wait. I keep thinking about the cancer, and it is not good.

On the other hand, I will be ALIVE in December, and putting heads in hands and crying never solved any dang thing. So chin up, and put one foot in front of the other. This WILL be over. I WILL be alive.


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?