Tuesday, January 27, 2004
Dangit, Memories are always better than reality. I've been going on for a while now about wanting a seamless black watch cap, that fits snugly about my head, and does not have to roll up. Not a knit ski hat, but a cool black watch cap. Like Mike Parks wore in the 70's TV show "Then Came Bronson" He looked so cool on his Harley Sportster.
So I order the super cool 'hellstorm' advanced tactical, blah blah, black watch cap. It has seams. I have to cuff the bottom, and it does not fit so super tight to my head. It does look like a guys cap, not something Mary Tyler More may wear, but no where near as cool as Jim Bronson. A hip, beat reporter in San Francisco.
Well, I finally decided to surf the web and find photos. Ya know what I found? Yep. Let down again! He had a plain old black knit stocking cap, with a HUGE cuff!
FURTHERMORE, his sportster had longhorn bars and ugly dirt bike 'gaiters' on the forks!
DOH! it is better to remember cool stuff from the past, then find out it was not so cool.
Last Night Sara and I went for dinner with our pals Alan & Michele. The restaurant closed at 9pm. Damn, what is the deal with San Jose.
And now, for something completely different!
is Mark's Hoto Dog Stand on Alum Rock Road Really closed?
http://www.svcn.com/archives/wgresident/04.03.02/taste-0214.html
So I order the super cool 'hellstorm' advanced tactical, blah blah, black watch cap. It has seams. I have to cuff the bottom, and it does not fit so super tight to my head. It does look like a guys cap, not something Mary Tyler More may wear, but no where near as cool as Jim Bronson. A hip, beat reporter in San Francisco.
Well, I finally decided to surf the web and find photos. Ya know what I found? Yep. Let down again! He had a plain old black knit stocking cap, with a HUGE cuff!
FURTHERMORE, his sportster had longhorn bars and ugly dirt bike 'gaiters' on the forks!
DOH! it is better to remember cool stuff from the past, then find out it was not so cool.
Last Night Sara and I went for dinner with our pals Alan & Michele. The restaurant closed at 9pm. Damn, what is the deal with San Jose.
And now, for something completely different!
is Mark's Hoto Dog Stand on Alum Rock Road Really closed?
http://www.svcn.com/archives/wgresident/04.03.02/taste-0214.html