Monday, March 22, 2004

My good pal Jack is improving. YAY Jack.

I am improving. the doctor said:
"Charles, ya know how I told you to eat anything you wanted? well, you can stop now"

so I am fat! woo hoo, I am alive, and that is good.

My pal Clay was in town Friday, we went to dinner at Albertos, had a chance to talk, and he got to meet Sara. Like everyone else, he reminds me how lucky I am

Saturday morning I did yard work, chores around the house, then napped. We rode up to SF Saturday night to see friends. Chris Dorr is leaving for Europe in a few weeks, and had a 'heading out' soiree. Then over to Hany & Christine's to see their baby, chatted with Hany's brother Magdy, who was fascinating, and highly recommends Jared Diamond's 1st book "The Third Chimpanzee" which comes before "Guns Germs Steel" which I already read. Sara's snowboard pal Donna was there, she rides a Suzuki GS500, which is one of my favorite starter bikes.

Sunday morning I cracked the Ostrich Egg Kirk broght me from his last travels. Made Migas for Sara. mmmm yummy yummy migas

then my pal Matthew Buck calls. He is back from hawaii, he wants to go bicycling. we ride. I have not rode in about 2 years. Matthew grew up here, he knows where the running/riding path by our houses is. we ride the Los Gatos Greenbelt trail. it is great. I am tired, but it was great. much more of this please.

We then went to look at a Bargain 1959 Velocette Mac 350. it was junk. absolute junk

home and out like a light.


Work this morning has been great, I have done good things.

On a down note, my pal Jim Queen's dad passed away. Jim III sent me his father's obit. My prayers go out to Jim, and I must say, I hope I will have lead a life that allows somoene to write about me, as well as they wrote about his father.

Prayers for my pal Jim Queen III, and his family.

James Edward Queen Sr., away on March 17, 2004, after a lengthy illness. He was born July 28, 1929 in Parkersburg, West Virginia.

Jim enlisted in the US Army and proudly served his country in Korea. At the time of his honorable discharge, Jim ranked as a Lieutenant and had earned several medals of valor including the Bronze Star, the Korean Service Medal, and the National Defense Service Medal.

Predeceased by his wife Edmonia, "Eddie", in 1990, Jim leaves three children to carry on his legacy, Sheree (Kevin) Bryant, James E. Queen, III (Needha), and Derek A. Queen. Also grieving his passing are his five grandchildren: Haley, Mackenzie, and Tucker Bryant, Nichole Boutté-Heinilouma (Roger), and James David Queen; as well as his dear sister Dr. Beatrice B. Johnson, and niece Ms. Staci Johnson.

Interment at Houston National Cemetery Tuesday, March 23, 2004 at 2:00pm.


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?