Friday, March 05, 2004

Okay, now I am just bitching.

For the past few years, I have had an account with Texas.Net, they hosted my web page and email. When I moved to CA, we changed the account to be web based, with no dialup. They still charged me $80/year. No problemo, I like the Texas.Net suffix. However, I kept running out of bandwidth on the web page. It would lock up every month, mid-month.

So I transferred all my photos to Yahoo.com, and started using Blogger, and moved most of my stories, etc, to ComCast. and evenutally just stopped using the Texas.Net web site.

I've changed my email to the cstatman@yahoo.com, because Texas.net is full of spam, I cannot keep up with it.

So I tohught, next tiume it comes for renewal, I will cancel, and reopen the account if I move home to Texas. Great idea. March 1st, they auto-charge my credit card. No, they don't, cause that card has expired.

I call, there are some emails, more calls, all i want to do is close this account.

They want THIRTY DOLLARS to close an account?

ya know what? I sent them a check. $30 in the mail yesterday.

What have they done? They made $30, and lost my endorsement forever. Please use any ISP other than Texas.net. And feel free to email them telling them what rat-weasels they are. I can never recommend them again.

Just another example of corporate stupidity ruining a relationship.




From: "Account Info"
To: "Charles Statman"
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:08:40 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Cancellation Request -- cstatman

Cancellation request submitted

This is to confirm that the cancellation request for
login cstatman has been processed on 03/04/2004.
The account will remain active until 04/01/2004
at which time service will be cut off.



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?