Friday, October 22, 2004

I am Jennifer Kahn's biggest fan. For the next 12 hours.

Years ago I swore I would not read "Wired" magazine, as it caused profuse headaches ending with magazines flying across the room and swearing. Fortunately, they've revised the format enough that I can actually read it now, sans headaches, drama and paper flinging.

All this prelude brings me to the point.

I just finished an article by Jennifer Kahn on brain mapping in the October issue.

Yes, for the next 12 hours, I am her biggest fan, and will point out the article to all my pals, telling them how brilliant she is. No, not for the 'cool' factor, but for the first paragraph.

She is the first person who has illustrated my feelings about music in print. It's disruptive, it's irritating, and 98% of the time, it's pure crap. The older I get, the more I realize, it's not just crap, it's recycled crap, stolen from a song 20 years older.

I do enjoy a little music every so often, but I just don't like the constant blaring cacaphony of rubbish playing on most every radio/cd/stereo I hear.

I'd love to be able to go to a bar or restaurant, and just have some quiet, to think, converse, etc. without some blaring nincompoop singing about her low rider jeans and a yeast infection, or whatever ridicule is vogue nowadays.

And she hit the nail on the head in a few simple words. "For starters, I don't listen to music. It disrupts my concentration and makes me cranky."

yep. me too.

12 hours.


Sorry Sara, I love you dearly, but someone has put it in words. I know music is very important to Sara, and she will be upset with me, but really, I get so cranky. Not with her, just with music and distraction. in general.




Comments:
Geez someone's turning into a grumpy old man :-) Now everytime I see you I'll make it a point to be rockin' out!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?