Saturday, February 05, 2005

So me & Matt went to Popeyes Fried Chicken here in San Jose. A few weeks back, Matt pointed out the fact that there is a Popeyes right close to the house.

We went, thinking, " load up on greasy fried chikens before we head to our pal Greg's Mardis Gra Soiree." (in Redwood City)

I gotta say, we left thinking "Popeyes in San Jose bites sad donkey ass. " The folks at Shady Grove would never serve that. Heck, the folks at the Pig Trail Inn wouldn't bring that to the counter. And NO ONE in Louisiana would ever call that cajun.

A) everyone behind the counter was Asian.
B) good luck business cat on counter
C) no customers of "color"
D) no red sody colors in the soda pop machine

8 pc family dinner, 1/2 spicy, 1/2 regular, mashed taters, red beans & rice.

1/2 crappy and 1/2 soggy was more like it. I have never seen a sadder fried chicken in my life. That bird died for no reason.

From their web site: Red Beans & Rice, the traditional side dish of New Orleans, It's a hearty and delicious blend of beans, seasonings, meats, shallots and a few special secrets.

Well, the secret is out in San Jose. pinto beans and white rice, no flavor, secret ingredient? ASS

From their web site: Mashed Potatoes & Cajun Gravy. Creamy whipped spuds smothered in a savory sauce full of bell peppers and seasonings that we call Cajun Gravy.

Whipped?? flakes from a box, soggy, less tater, more goo. Savory nothing, Cajun? Hardly! Justin Wilson wouldn't know what this garbage was. Heck, his garbage can probably tasted better than this paste. Ass!

Popeye's Famous Biscuits? From their web page: "These are the biscuits all your freinds have been talkin' about."

my kiester. I had better from generic brand can at safeway. If my friends are talkin about these biscuits, I need new friends. Ass

it LOOKED like a Popeye's Chicken Shop. it tasted like? Lukewarm ASS.

I am so let down, I cannot return. Now I am worried about my planned pilgrimage to Chick-Fil-A in Fairfield.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?