Monday, February 20, 2006

When my paternal grandmother Manya died, the only item I wanted to inherit was her stove. I remember her cooking at this stove, it is my fondest memory. I will move this stove to any house I live in.

It has been undergoing a meticulous restoration since 1999, when I split with my ex-wife. Ed emailed to tell me it is done. (for those who will ask, $5500 to restore, a bargain for the comfort this memory brings me)

My plan is to drive to Austin in mid March, buy a small enclosed trailer, bring my stove (and a gun safe) back to San Jose, and remodel our kitchen to fit this stove. (I have no idea how much the remodel will cost)

Here's the pics.








Comments:
That is an AMAZING stove. I am jealous.
 
Carlos, chinga la purga! That is nice. Money well spent; just need some cabrito & a maid and you are all set!

FC
 
Mark's brother is a contractor who could do your kitchen remodel. He did Brads and Brad is very happy.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?