Wednesday, May 03, 2006

my laptop is dying. the Hard Drive has a few bad sectors, and it just spins and spins till it crashes.

FORTUNATELY, it is a work laptop, and I am due for a "refresh" meaning NEW Laptop.

My plan for the new one is to make it dual system, so I can run Windows and Linux.

I am hoping to run as many open source software packages as I can, to break out of the Microsoft stranglehold.

Open Office is one of the biggies


border="0" hspace="3" vspace="3"
alt="Get legal. Get OpenOffice.org">


it is a free replacement for MS Office. I use it on my Linux box, and like it. Well, will see how it works.

Break the monopoly! Go Open Source!

Comments:
Yay! I use this on my Macintosh. I think it is called NeoOffice for Mac. Pretty cool!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?