Monday, January 29, 2007

so there is a ratty 1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am 400/4 for sale. $1,500. It SEEMS like a good idea. My beloved Uncle Irv had a 400 Firebird. I remember it as an amazing vehicle.

HOWEVER, because I live in the nanny state of Kalifornia, the car has to be smog checked.

http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/ftp/pdffacts/vehicle_model_years_subject_to_smog_check.pdf

there was some deal where any 30+yr old car was exempt from Smog Check. However? they stopped this for anything newer than 1976.

SO?

I cannot buy it. Mixed blessing. I'd love a $1500 hot rod.
But I ne
ed another rojct ike Ineed a hole
in my hea. If Sar
a does not stoer
p playing with korboard, I will spank h

Comments:
Thank god for the nanny laws, else you'd have a lawn full of "projects"
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?