Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Well, I went to see Dr. Nguyen. YAY Dr. Nguyen.

She said I was a few days out from full tilt pneumonia, and while Neti pots are helpful, they will not clear me up

I got:
Z-pac for 5 days, to clean out the stuff my spleen is not there doing
Tussin syrup, but it LOOKS like the stuff I am coughing up. V hard to get down
An inhaler, to help break up the stuff in my lungs
STRICT instructions to rest

She gave me a detailed explanation of how some capillaries in my lungs are allowing me to inhale, but not exhale, cause they are covered with goop. Well, actually, my technical comprehension dropped right there, so she said think of them as lots of hair like little worms dangling in the lungs, they help process the air. except my worms are covered up, so they are not doing their job

Anyhow, I took the pills, the tussin (gak) and puffed the inhaler. for the past 30 minutes I have been coughing like mad, and all sorts of nastiness is coming out.


She said I should feel better in 2-3 days, and be 100% in 5 or 6 days, or I call her back.


I Dr. Nguyen. She managed to fit me into her schedule with one day notice. She is kind, she cares, she is the best.

excuse me, I need to go unload a lung biscuit

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?