Thursday, January 17, 2008

i have an ear infection.

fuck me. I just got over the goddamn pink-eye.


Dr. Nguyen looked in my ear and said "wow. that's the worst I've ever seen in an adult!"

apparently the snot backs up in the ear canal, then will not drain, and puts pressure on the INSIDE of the eardrum. While it is in there, it turns to a water goo, then gets infected if you do not catch it in time. It also insulates all the little inner ear bits, so they do not work, and you lose your sense of balance.

SO! she gave me some pills to clear up the snot. some antibiotics, and some wonderful drops I put in the ear, that make the pain slow down some.

She feels it will all be gone in a few days.

I hope.

Last night at 4am I was ready to poke my eardrum with a knitting needle, just to let the pressure out.




Natalie, thank you for the crushed C in pedialyte suggestion, I will try it tonight.

C

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?