Sunday, November 16, 2008

This pal of mine, he is really smart. So we were discussing random days, and how to REALLY get a smile and some happiness worked up.

He came up with this brilliant, and I mean BRILLIANT idea.

Download songs/cds/music from the HAPPIEST time in your life, and make a playlist. Play them on your Ipod, computer, whatever.

When you hear them, you get all happied out.

And it WORKS. I downloaded a bunch of junk from the late 1970's, when I was a kid. I mean, these songs are schlock.

Delta Dawn - Copacabana - Horse with no name - American Pie - Island Girl - bad bad leroy brown - 50 ways to leave your lover - convoy - Wham Bam Shang a lang.... I mean, the junk they were playing on KFRO in 1978 when I was 14. And had no debt, no responsibility, and few cares in the world.

So yesterday I was driving home from an amazing day in the dirt, I mean, I was the fastest fat old guy out there. Jumping doubles, hanging serious air time, and laughing.

But was sad on the way home, cause I knew it was over till next week.

And I hit THE playlist. and just giggled and grins and silly feeling. listening to silly stupid music.

Anyhow, I highly recommend it.

Comments:
I have been doing this since 1984.... It is GREAT!!!!
 
What an awesome idea!
 
No surprise: That sounds a lot like MY silly playlist would :-)

Except for no dirt riding as preamble.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?