Saturday, January 24, 2009

I heard something on NPR the other day, that will just NOT leave me alone.

P.W. Singer was talking about his new book, "Wired For War"

Exploring the ethics of autonomous robots in war. There is an entire conference dedicated to this, as well as legal council.

ok ok ok, let me distill this.

companies are building killing machine robots, capable of operating autonomously.

ROBOT WARRIORS

now I have a computer running windows, it messes up all the time. and is NOT controlling .50 cal machine guns capable of ripping me to bits


I do NOT want people out there building death dealing robots, if there is a bug or glitch, oopsie? bunch of dead people. bunch of live robots.




this IS the stuff of my nightmares

does

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?