Sunday, February 20, 2011

soapless experiment is going very well. My skin feels great.

If I have an "active" work day, I smell like a man by 9pm. Caveat, I am not using any deodorants either. I would need to wash them off.

the daily bathing is getting better and better. even if I do go back to soap? I know a LOT more about washing myself. I know it sounds odd, but you can learn new stuff.

Again, I do wash my hands with anti everything soap and water every time I go to the bathroom, and before and after any food prep/eating/handing.

My hair is still the problem. My friend Judie gave me some "WEN" conditioner stuff, which has very little surfactant in it, but is still an additive. i have been trying to use a minimal amount of that daily. but ever 3-4 days, I do use a dime size drop of Suave hair shampoo, and work all the oils out of my hair. Otherwise I just look like I am greazy.

So far, I am very happy with this experiment. Last night Saul said "daddy, you smell good and your skin is soft"



#2. He told me I need to make Mr. Squishy smaller, because he is worried I will die.

So I downloaded 2 iPhone apps,
"Calorie Counter" by MyFitnessPal.com which lets me track what I have eaten, and how many calories I am using/putting in. I am "gaming" this by also going lo-carb to lose the initial weight.

the other app is "Couch to 5K" by felttip I hate running, but need exercise. there is a program that helps "train" for a run. This guy made that program work on the iphone. when you start your workout, the phone tells you "walk" then it beeps and says "run" etc. etc I have not started this, as it is wet and rainy, and I am just not that dedicated, but I will be on it this week.'
the video on Lucius' page is so awesome. http://felttip.com/c25k/



Saul has been on a rampage. Sara was out snowboarding, and Saul did not want to eat, did not want to sleep, did not want to go to the potty, we fought over everything. HOWEVER> his version of fighting? still better than most kids!

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?