Sunday, May 01, 2011

replaced the shift shaft seal on my Honda CB 175 (say that 3 times quickly) with hopes that is the cause of oil leak.

Then cleared all 175 parts out of trailer, and sorted the bins from 4 to 2. Motor Parts and Frame Parts. I now have all the motor parts close to ready, and could, if I was excited enough, begin rebuilding. I believe I have enough to build 2.5 motors, but I will probably focus on one when I can.

Then I washed the running 175, and the Honda 350. Which? was missing a nut on the swingarm bolt. What does that mean? it means the bolt that holds the rear half of the motorcycle on was starting to come out. This maintenance is WHY I like to wash my own bikes regularly, to find when parts have failed, or need replacing. Swimgarm bolt is now back 100% in place, with a fresh nut, washer, lock washer and LocTite.

When all was finished, I was a bit lightheaded and woozly. So I came inside for a shower, and realized I am covered in grease. First time in a long while, I used more than hot water and a wash cloth. I soaped up vigorously, and washed all the grease and grime from bikes off. And? I did not feel clean, I felt dry and scaly. So I used my regular washcloth routine, to be sure I was scrubbed down.

Got out of shower and dried off, and I feel a little gross. I will not use lotion to replace the natural skin oil, I'll just wait a day and see how quickly my skin comes back to a balance.

Now? I think I am off to visit the Mythical Hesh, and meet Sara, Saul, James, Tara and Emiko up there. He lives up in the hills a fun motorcycle ride, let's hoe I replaced that seal properly

toodles.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?