Tuesday, July 28, 2020
56 in the Pandemic times
56- how could that happen? I certainly don't FEEL 56. July 25th marked the day. Woo Hoo, happy birthday to me. I wanted some spicy caldo de camarones, so I made myself some. Saul was here. Penny was here - it was low key but nice.
except, you see, some days I do feel 56. Some days I feel a million. Everything aches, I am tired, and I don't feel as sharp as I used to.
I don't think its the 'rona - I believe it is just fatigue from the entire situation.
My mother used to enjoy telling the story of my first grade predictions. Students were tasked to write a paper predicting their life. Seven year old Charles wrote something similar to the following.
I will have to go to school until I am 18
I will graduate and get a job
When I am 20 I will get married
When I am 21 I will get a dog
When I am 25 I will be old and die.
Oddly, I'm still amazed I made it past 25.
Churchill was quoted as saying "If you do not indulge, do not eat too much, do not drink too much, do not smoke too much, and exercise? you will live to be 100. But it will feel like 200."
For me, life is about hard work, with intermediate breaks to include motorcycle rides, a nice meal, and sometimes fun. The pandemic has removed a small part of the small allocation of fun. You cant this, you cant that. blah blah
DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND - I wear my mask, gloves, PPE, and pay attention to my surroundings. I dont go needlessly into crowds. I avoid everything I can - except work - they want me there.
And there is a certain fatigue this brings. THAT combined with age? is making me feel a bit old. My blessing is so many friends telling me on facebook, calls, emails "you inspire me" or "you are so positive, thank you"
I'm here like "WTF? do you even know ME? I am KING of doom and gloom"
Fortunately, I do not project this to my friends. Somehow. I try to remain positive, and help convince the rest of the folks - it will get better. Its just what more of us need right now.
besides, I've already lived 31 years more than Seven year old Me projected. I am ahead of the game.
be strong
do your best
be kind
C
except, you see, some days I do feel 56. Some days I feel a million. Everything aches, I am tired, and I don't feel as sharp as I used to.
I don't think its the 'rona - I believe it is just fatigue from the entire situation.
My mother used to enjoy telling the story of my first grade predictions. Students were tasked to write a paper predicting their life. Seven year old Charles wrote something similar to the following.
I will have to go to school until I am 18
I will graduate and get a job
When I am 20 I will get married
When I am 21 I will get a dog
When I am 25 I will be old and die.
Oddly, I'm still amazed I made it past 25.
Churchill was quoted as saying "If you do not indulge, do not eat too much, do not drink too much, do not smoke too much, and exercise? you will live to be 100. But it will feel like 200."
For me, life is about hard work, with intermediate breaks to include motorcycle rides, a nice meal, and sometimes fun. The pandemic has removed a small part of the small allocation of fun. You cant this, you cant that. blah blah
DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND - I wear my mask, gloves, PPE, and pay attention to my surroundings. I dont go needlessly into crowds. I avoid everything I can - except work - they want me there.
And there is a certain fatigue this brings. THAT combined with age? is making me feel a bit old. My blessing is so many friends telling me on facebook, calls, emails "you inspire me" or "you are so positive, thank you"
I'm here like "WTF? do you even know ME? I am KING of doom and gloom"
Fortunately, I do not project this to my friends. Somehow. I try to remain positive, and help convince the rest of the folks - it will get better. Its just what more of us need right now.
besides, I've already lived 31 years more than Seven year old Me projected. I am ahead of the game.
be strong
do your best
be kind
C