Foolishly a pal offered me more than I thought
my KTM 350 was worth, so I sold it to him. After the big crash in
2018, tibia plateau and all, I realized at 56 i need to stop jumping
doubles and start slowly and accurately riding technical trails. Used
the money from the KTM to buy a brand stinking new Honda CRF250L.
Street legal, underpowered hamster.
Another pal bought the
super duper
Ducati Hyper Motard, and convinced me a s
treet ride up and
down
Mt. Uhmunum would be an enjoyably spent afternoon. He blamed the
lack of speed on brand new bikes, and breaking in the motor, blah blah.
At
the top of the mountain were some obviously very fast young men on
their Suzuki G S X R one MILLIONS and Ninja-ceptors, making comments
about why someone rode their pit bike up the hill.
Taking the que from my distant mentor and inspiration, I apologized for being a tired, frail, harmless old man.
We
were kind, gave then a good 5 minute head start down the hill. I mean,
they were very very fast guys. Caught up and passed them about 10
minutes into it. I dont think they understood that my catching them
was not the issue, it was that my motor was OFF, and I was coasting in
Neutral, that they should have taken umbrage about.
i have
not learned to edit video footage, I recommend turning the sound off,
cause its too dang loud - but here is a few minutes of beautiful
california vistas and so on..
I
believe this was some flatter areas where i had to run the motor and waste fuel ---
My
pal Brad and I saw the very fast young
lads made it safely and didnt require assistance.... Not that a harmless
old man could have helped anyhow.
Back to the basement, I have a Vintage plane coming together in Balsa, that needs some sanding. My kit is old, and NOT laser cut.
I need to learn how to convert PDF to DWG - and drive laser cutters! -
# posted by cstatman : 1:04 PM
