Monday, June 07, 2021
Saturday I took my 1967 305 out for a spin. Here it is running south on CA 84
then, on the way home, on skyline, we had, as they say, ... an ISSUE.
sounds like an intake valve, or maybe valve seat letting go.
So I pulled over, parked by a mailbox on 35/Skyline, and started walking, hopefully to where I could get a cell signal.
LUCKILY, after about 4.5 miles, a car pulls up, and says "hey, is that your vintage honda? you need a lift" as a kind Samaritan gave me a lift all the way down 35, then 9, into saratoga village, where I could get cell reception, and an UBER to my house and van. (Thank you Eric!)
1.5 hours later, I've got the very dead hawk loaded into the van, and on my way home. gentle push on the kickstarter gives no movement, locked up. in gear, gently bumping the rear wheel backwards, frees it, but gentle kick forward and hard impact.
Stay tuned! old man with sore back happening in ~ 20 minutes!
(oh, did I mention, while dropping the motor? got a Cox running?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brYBQAimmcY
(oh, did I mention, while dropping the motor? got a Cox running?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brYBQAimmcY

