Thursday, December 30, 2021
boring model airplane post:
Walgreens Tissue Update: Because I am CHEAP, sometimes my cheapness offends even ME - I cannot pass up a good bargain, the Walgreens Inspirations (tm) white tissue is on sale at half price. $2.50/100 sheets. I now have over 500 sheets of the stuff.
Inspired by Tom, I built a shrinking frame. (lesson, be sure to measure ID and OD - before cutting, and yes, I built another one to maximize space and minimize wasted tissue) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_Hap0gT9Pg Shown here being glued with super duper antique framing jig inherited from my dad who used to make frames and canvas stretchers for my mom - who was an artist.
Glue-sticked the walgreens special to the frame, let dry, sprayed with water, and this is the stretched-tight, grain-visible, ready to cut and mount.
NO, it is not super duper double-throw-down Japanese Esaki.
NO, it doesnt come in colors, only white
NO, it is not the lightest-trickkest stuff in the world
NO, I have not learned how to feed it through my inkjet (as clearly shown in Tom's video, to put cool graphics or color on it....
but! $2.50 for 100 sheets??? that's @0.025/sheet?? I cannot go too far wrong...
If ya live by a Walgreens - you owe it to yourself to drive by and pickup some while its still on clearance.
Walgreens Tissue Update: Because I am CHEAP, sometimes my cheapness offends even ME - I cannot pass up a good bargain, the Walgreens Inspirations (tm) white tissue is on sale at half price. $2.50/100 sheets. I now have over 500 sheets of the stuff.
Inspired by Tom, I built a shrinking frame. (lesson, be sure to measure ID and OD - before cutting, and yes, I built another one to maximize space and minimize wasted tissue) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_Hap0gT9Pg Shown here being glued with super duper antique framing jig inherited from my dad who used to make frames and canvas stretchers for my mom - who was an artist.
Glue-sticked the walgreens special to the frame, let dry, sprayed with water, and this is the stretched-tight, grain-visible, ready to cut and mount.
NO, it is not super duper double-throw-down Japanese Esaki.
NO, it doesnt come in colors, only white
NO, it is not the lightest-trickkest stuff in the world
NO, I have not learned how to feed it through my inkjet (as clearly shown in Tom's video, to put cool graphics or color on it....
but! $2.50 for 100 sheets??? that's @0.025/sheet?? I cannot go too far wrong...
If ya live by a Walgreens - you owe it to yourself to drive by and pickup some while its still on clearance.